Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Woo Hoo

Well, earlier today I took some photos of the office for the "reveal your man cave" thing going around, but wouldn't you know, me being a technodunce and all, I didn't have the camera settings right, so I'm gonna have to snap those pix again tomorrow.

Today at work I had to drive the oil truck rather than my fuel truck. On the fuel truck, all I do is pull a hose and pump fuel into tanks. The oil truck is much different. It involves moving a lot of 400 lb. drums, dozens of cases and pails of oil and lubricants. IT SUCKS. Factor in today's torrential rain and it made for a craptastic day. I got soaked and my muscles are sore. The only thing that made the day bearable was getting the news that Deadliest Cachalot has been shortlisted for the Dead Bait anthology. So, WOO HOO!

Now, I am taking my aching muscles to bed. Zzzzz

8 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Congrats on the shortlist.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Beats the hell out of the speedy rejection they sent me. Getting soaked sucks.

K.C. Shaw said...

Congrats! I'm shortlisted too, so if we link arms and sing motivational songs about horrific aquatic creatures, maybe we'll both get in. :)

Aaron Polson said...

Good luck on the shortlist!

Fox Lee said...

Poor thing : ( Bodies should only be that sore after sex!

BT said...

Congrats on the shortlisting.

I don't get it (I seem to be saying that a lot lately). Jamie got a quick rejection, KC has been shortlisted and you've got a very quick short listing.

I've heard nothing. :c(

Danielle Birch said...

Well done!

Jameson T. Caine said...

Thanks, everyone!

K.C. - Do you have a song in mind?

B.T. - I suppose two weeks is short, but they sure seemed A LOT longer to me. ;)