Sunday, March 1, 2009

Superior Scribbler & February

K.C. Shaw and B.T. have both awarded me the Superior Scribbler Award!

What were they thinking?! LOL

Here be the rules:

Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!

Since my circle of bloggy friends isn't too large, some of those I pass it along to will no doubt have already received it from others. Thus, I name:

Mercedes M. Yardley for having more pieces currently out in submission land than I have ever completed in my life. Plus her cooking can cause bowls to explode! Not bowels, but bowls.

Ken Wood, publisher of the forthcoming Shock Totem magazine for his own relentless drive to write. Plus, he has awesome taste in music.

Joshua Reynolds who won the zombie theme Deja Vu horror contest over at Dark Recesses Press. Anyone who likes monsters as much as me is super cool in my book.

Patrick Rutigliano for his story The Enemy of my Enemy in the Monstrous anthology, which creeped me the hell out. I'll never scratch an itch again without remembering that tale.

Duane Martin, editor and contributor for Rogue Cinema magazine. He writes fiction, non-fiction, reviews films AND edits and puts the magazine together. I don't know how he does it all.

Turning to the bygone month of February, I see on several blogs that it wasn't exactly the most productive month for many folks. I can say that I did not buck this trend. My month was rather slow. I finished two tales and got one sent off to Dead Bait and...that was it. The Transcendental Man went through several revisions this weekend and is in what I consider to be good shape. I'm gonna let it sit one more day and make another pass at it tomorrow night. Then it's off to the Time in a Bottle anthology.

Of course those two completed tales were stories I was rewriting due to the computer crash. Now that they are done, I can turn my attention to new things. Because I wrote each of those tales twice and back to back to back to back at that, it seems like I have been focused on them forever, so I am really, really, really looking forward to new things. I think there may have been a rejection early on in the month, but there were no acceptances.

4 comments:

Fox Lee said...

February is a weird month. I spent most of it re-editing stories.

Cate Gardner said...

The problem with February is a) it's too short, and b) it comes straight after January were everyone is hyped up with new year optimism.

K.C. Shaw said...

I don't even want to think about the Time in a Bottle anthology. I've been trying to finish a story for them for three weeks now! Argh!

Your February wasn't too bad.

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe bowels. I can't make any promises.

-Mercedes