Monday, March 16, 2009

My New Baby

No, not one of those kind of babies, but this, my new Shadowmobile:


This past weekend I traded in my old car for this new Chevy Malibu. Normally, I don't like buying brand new cars, but the dealership was so eager to make a sale in these bad economic times, that I made out like a bandit. I got a better deal on this vehicle than I did on my last one, which I had bought used.

Tonight I polished The Thing in the Bathroom (okay, that sounded kinda dirty) and got it whittled down to the proper length. Tomorrow I'll start the follow-up: The Thing in the Sauna. Inspired in part by Aaron Polson and his two Gary Sump stories, each of the Thing stories relates some of the same events from two very different points of view. Once the second story is completed, I don't know whether to submit them together or separately.

7 comments:

Fox Lee said...

What will your vanity plate read? : )

Cate Gardner said...

I don't drive, but if I did, I'd want that car. Lovely.

Some flash markets allow you to sub two stories at once so I'd go for one of those.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful car! What a beautiful neighborhood! Where's the broken glass and drug-deal-gone-wrong bodies that I'm always stepping over? I'm slightly jealous. :)

Aaron Polson said...

Oooooh...pretty shiny car.

K.C. Shaw said...

Oh, NICE CAR! Shiny.

I like your idea for two linked stories. The titles are awesome too. I'd wait to sell the first one and then offer the second to the same editor as a companion piece afterwards, maybe.

BT said...

Kind of makes my announcement of a new laptop look a little lame :c(

Congrats on the story.

Markets - look for anywhere that allows multiple subs and go for it.

Jameson T. Caine said...

Nat - If I could I'd go for "shdwfyr."

Mercedes - Those things are about two miles across town.

BT - I still don't have a laptop, so consider me jealous.