Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's What Day?

A few days ago I suddenly realized that the end of March was fast approaching. I also realized it was the deadline for about half a dozen markets I had wanted to sub to. Could I turn out anything of quality in time (does he turn out anything of quality ever you may be asking) for each one? No way, but I can try and get something sent off to two or three of them, which is what I've been busily doing since Tuesday. It helps that this is a three day weekend for me and I have very few errands to run, so I can maximize my time at the keyboard.

I also realized that I have not had a response at all in March from any of the markets I've subbed to, with the exception of the Dead Bait antho, which told me I was shortlisted back on the third. I'm getting rather nervous, wondering if I made the cut on that one or any of the others (Devil's Food). Of course, now that I've pointed this fact out, I'll be deluged with rejections.

5 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

I'm going to miss all those wonderful deadlines. Hope you make it in time.

Jamie Eyberg said...

I have 4 or so markets that are ending their submission periods at the end of the month so I am looking forward to hearing back from them soon. Yes, Devil's Food is one of them.

Fox Lee said...

I'm shaking over Dead Bait as well!

K.C. Shaw said...

I haven't heard from Dead Bait either! Fingers crossed!

March has been a quiet month for responses for me too. Even the agents aren't rejecting me quite so fast this month.

Aaron Polson said...

The end of march has a nasty habit of creeping up like that.

Best of luck with all the anthos...