Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend Progress

Saturday was a lost cause. I ended up running around town on errands, but did score a free steak and crab dinner. After everything, I was too tired to write very much. I ended up watching The Midnight Meat Train and then passed out.

Today, however was very good. I polished up and edited Horror in the Chamber of Steam, then sent it off to two volunteer beta readers. Then the muse really kicked me in the ass and I pounded out 4,000 words for a new story currently called The Evil Weed. I know I'm gonna change that title, but I enjoyed the writing process today. Things really flowed well. Maybe my junk food diet today (toaster strudel, cheese puffs, candy bars and ice cream) helped kick start the creative juices. This new story is one of my more nastier tales, filled with sex, graphic violence, twin rapists and death by having one's internal organs sucked out...through the anus.

I see more and more people are hearing back from the Devil's Food antho. I confess to getting rather nervous about my own submission.

4 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

Ah, the junk food diet. Joe Landsdale says he writes his best stuff after having a popcorn dream (eating popcorn and going to bed).

Jamie Eyberg said...

I've got to try that diet. Eating healthy is getting me nowhere.

I still haven't heard from Devil's food and they have had my story since late last year. I don't know what that means.

Fox Lee said...

Hey, we both got anal with our stories this month!

BT said...

I haven't heard anything either so we can be the three men in the little rowboat and console each other.

Well done on the 4k word count - very impressive. I'm with Jamie, I think I'll have to give your diet a shot - or maybe I just need more bourbon...