Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sore Fingers

Aside from a brief trip to the vet yesterday and a quick run to the pizza place today, I've been home all weekend. Much to The Other Half's chagrin, I've spent most of that time at the computer, writing. That is when I wasn't snoozing or giving her foot rubs. I've produced over 9000 words over the last week on several different stories. Some got finished and require editing. Others still need work. Naturally, there is no way I can get them all sub-worthy by the 1st, but I will get one or two out. Tomorrow I have the day off from work, though I will be rather busy til noon-ish. After that, it's back to work at the keyboard.

I heard from the Time in a Bottle anthology today, but only for them to confirm receipt of The Transcendental Man, which I sent out on the 3rd. They added that I'd hear from them again sometime in May. Great. MORE waiting, but that's the name of the game.

6 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

9,000 words!!! I bow to your greatness.

Jamie Eyberg said...

I'm with Cate. Holy sh!t

Jameson T. Caine said...

Oops.

I meant 9k words over the last week. I didn't mean all in one weekend. That's what happens when I type when tired.

Edited to fix.

Aaron Polson said...

Waiting...Time in a Bottle...perfect action for the theme, me thinks. 9K in a week isn't anything to sneeze at, either.

K.C. Shaw said...

The foot rubs cancel out the off-writing time, I suspect.

I got a major rewrite request on my Time in a Bottle submission. Major as in "can you chop off the second half and completely rewrite it?" And the thing is, they're right. But I really dread the rewrite, ugh.

Fox Lee said...

I pretty much have to get Ying drunk to rub my feet. Your wife is a lucky woman!