Sunday, March 15, 2009

Flashing

I've been fairly quiet the last few days, not that I've been that busy. It's just that I usually post in this blog right before bed and several times I was so wiped out after long days at work that I was barely able to get showered before passing out. Maybe this week won't be as tiring.

I did manage to get some writing done this weekend. I finished a flash piece I had originally called Chimes, but changed to Racing Midnight. After about six or seven editorial passes, I got it within the word limit and sent it off. Then I worked on The Thing in the Bathroom. That one will definitely keep its name. I finished it and went over it a time or two, but I still need to chop it down by a hundred words or so. I'll let that task wait until tomorrow. While writing that one, an idea for a follow-up story came to me, so I might begin that when the first one is fine tuned.

It's funny, because until this weekend I had no idea how either story was going to end, despite giving them considerable thought at work last week. Then I sat down, started typing and poof, the ends came to me. Now I just need poof, acceptances and poof, money.

6 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

Congrats on getting stories done. more productive than the weekend I had. Sending good vibes to the acceptance gods for you. (I might sacrifice a beer in your honor)

K.C. Shaw said...

Good luck on the story, and that's awesome that you've been writing so much! I'm still dragging my feet over revising my stupid time travel story--but I think I know how to fix it now. Funny how those little aha moments happen so suddenly sometimes.

Aaron Polson said...

It is funny how ideas just come. The harder I try sometimes, the more stubborn my muse can be.

Damn you, muse (shakes fist, then realizes he will regret it later).

Good luck!

Fox Lee said...

poof, strippers?

BT said...

poof - I'm with Nat...

Jameson T. Caine said...

As long as the strippers are female, sure. ;)