Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Night Blues

So today I revised The Faceless Ones and surprisingly, it was quite easy to prune it down to within the word limit. Now I let it sit for a day or two and turn my mind to other things. Then I'll revisit it, polish it one last time and send it off. At least, that is the plan at this point.

After putting that aside for the day, my mind was still in full on write mode, but I didn't want to begin something too big, so I ended up writing four small micro fiction pieces after finding THIS site. I'll probably try submitting something, but would like to find some additional places interested in such short formats.

It's back to work tomorrow after my four day weekend. Can't you just hear the joy and anticipation in my voice? At least driving around in my bomb-on-wheels will give me time to brainstorm ideas for the Dead Bait anthology. You know, not long back (last year I believe), a pair of humpback whales swam all the way up river from the San Fransisco bay and were lounging around the river and delta fishing areas near here (one spot was less than a mile from my house) for some time before being lured back to sea. I sense a story in that...

4 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

Good luck with the 'bait' story. I still don't have anything cooking for that one (actually, that gives me an idea) Well, good luck.

Rob Brooks said...

I actually wrote a story almost a year ago that would be perfect for the Dead Bait anthology, except it's at least 500 words short of 2k. I need to try to expand it without throwing in filler.

I've looked at that micro100 site before, but don't remember the details. Is it a paying site?

K.C. Shaw said...

The whale story sounds interesting! Good luck with it, if you do decide to write it.

I'm in awe of anyone who's writing short fiction right now. I can't even come up with anything micro, myself. :)

Jameson T. Caine said...

Rob, as far as I know, Micro 100 doesn't offer any monetary compensation. Just exposure.