Monday, December 29, 2008

Busy Night

So for the past four hours I have been busily polishing and submitting. First, The Faceless Ones was sent to The Devil's Food Anthology. I really have high hopes for that one, though if they don't accept it, I have an idea for a second piece.

I've also been busy putting the finishing touches of several micro pieces. The Anubis Appropriation, Order Up and Maximus Rising were all sent to Micro 100 while The Memory of Life went to MicroHorror. Sure, neither of them are paying markets, but I'm not worried about money at this point. Nor am I just trying to get stuff accepted. It's all about the work: writing, editing, revising and submitting. Everything may get rejected, but the important thing for me is that I keep at it, keep that momentum going. In time I'll get better (hopefully).

And now...I am exhausted. Zzzzz...

2 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

I like flash fiction. fun to write and I have an almost 100% acceptance rate with it. My longer stories, not so much.

K.C. Shaw said...

I wish I'd started focusing on writing-revising-submitting a lot earlier than I did. For years I just wrote novels and never really knew what to do with them, essentially. I bet you'll have a really good 2009! Have you tried the Thaumatrope microfiction market? They pay a bit.