Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ready For New Week

Last week sucked.

Just a few things that made it craptacular: constant back pain, equipment failures at work, me screwing up something at work that added HOURS to a long day, the father-in-law going in to the hospital, lots of running around after work, not getting enough sleep, a cranky wife, a wide screen TV going on the fritz, a washing machine already on the fritz, not enough money to fix them and a zillion other things. I am ready to get this new week started, hoping it is better than the last one. More to the point, I am ready to get this next week over because come Friday, I will be on vacation for nearly two weeks. I am so ready for it.

Not much writing over the last few days. I started and finished one story and worked out details for a couple others. Mostly I've been trying to rest with any free time. Last night I dreamed (dreamt? I'm too lazy to check and see which is correct) I was a character in one of my stories - The Horror of Pine Hollow to be exact. Armed only with a shotgun and a handful of shells, I was trapped in an attic, fending off an attack by dozens of the goblin-like Gimplings. Woke up in a cold sweat. Sheesh, I can't even catch a break when asleep!

5 comments:

Benjamin Solah said...

Ugh, I feel for you but am now awfully jealous of the nice vacation you're going to get.

I want one of those.

Alan W. Davidson said...

Sorry to hear about the suckish week. Isn't that how it always goes? Things go to hell just before holidays to really stress you out. Hope this one works out better.

Jamie Eyberg said...

I see, on the positive side, that you added a few new sales to your portfolio last week as well. Congratulations!

Fox Lee said...

That is a creepy dream! You do need a vacation. Then you can dream of mixed drinks and not having to do house chores.

Danielle Birch said...

Nothing worse than a suckish week. Here's hoping September brings much good luck your way.