Saturday, August 22, 2009

One Lovely Blog Award

Well, it would seem the utter pinkness of this blog has earned me the One Lovely Blog Award. I know, I know...pink for a horror writer's blog? If it helps, think of it as the color of burned flesh or maybe a spectacular sunset that heralds the approach of darkness and all the vile things that come with it.

Anyway, the talented Catherine J Gardner (have you got your copy of her new chapbook, The Sour Aftertaste of Olive Lemon yet?) has bestowed the award upon yours truly. I thank her not only for the award but also for believing in me when duotrope hinted at me being a liar of all things.

This of course means that I get to pass the award on to a new recipient and I have chosen the soothing colors and perceptive wit inherent in The Knotted Thicket, the blog of K.C. Shaw (have you got your copy of her new novel Jack of all Trades yet?). I'll forgive her for getting me addicted to lemonade, as I did wave my cheese puffs in her direction, leading to her developing a craving for their snacky goodness.

Thus, the rules for the award:

1. Accept the award, and don't forget to post a link back to the awarding person.

2. Pass the award on.

3. Notify the award winner(s).

8 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Fabulous choice.

Fox Lee said...

Or the edges of a paper cut. Those are pink too!

Anonymous said...

I great-grand-fathered this award here.

I hang my head in shame at the lack of irony ensuing.

http://ufexp.blogspot.com/2009/08/one-lovely-blog-award-one-nonono.html

Fifteen and a half billion...

Surely KC Shaw is better than that. Actually, that's a given.

Gramps is disappointed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_letter

K.C. Shaw said...

I'm terribly flattered, and I forgive you for getting me addicted to cheese puffs. (At least lemonade is good for you! Sort of!) Thanks!

And I like the pink.

Unknown said...

the beautiful award matches your site perfectly!

Alan W. Davidson said...

Congratulations...and a great selection for your successor!

Laura Eno said...

Congrats! This flowery procession down horror lane has amused me so much I blogged about it today. You've been tagged and listed. :)

Laura Eno said...

Hi Tim,
I have an award waiting for you over on my site, ready to be picked up. :)
Laura