I'm going to put a spin on the latest meme thing going around. First Aaron got us started with the list of our favorite stories. Then Danielle spun it into a list of her favorite characters. I'm gonna put my own stamp on it and make a list of my favorite bad guys/monsters/villains I've created.
1. Yidnicatoth - The god worshipped by the titular characters in The Faceless Ones. I had fun when dinner time rolled around. My characters did not.
2. Jackson and Jefferson Sawyer - Twin brothers that share everything, including an unhealthy lust for their next door neighbor. Not much redeeming about the two, I named them after two discarded pseudonym candidates. They appear in Planting Season.
3. Mr. Taunton - The one who maintains The Gallery of Final Repose. He likes to paint people. Dead people, that is. The more ghastly the demise, the better he likes it.
4. The Gimplings - Small, goblin-like things that are horribly mutated from inbreeding. They leave their hidden lair twice a year and invade the nearby town en masse in search of food and are The Horror of Pine Hollow.
5. Blondie - A cold blooded killer that ruthlessly eliminates those in his way. His true name is never revealed. The main character just refers to him as Blondie because of his hair color. From The Transcendental Man.
After thinking all day about the idea provided to me by The Other Half, I got started tonight on my story for the Vermin anthology. I'm trying to not rush things and am taking it slow. At this point I only have 216 words. I hope to work steadily on it this week. We'll see how that goes.
Stopped by my favorite Mexican food place today for lunch and gorged on two of their famous (in these parts) burritos. Tonight I paid the price for all that spicy food. At least all that time in the bathroom gave me a chance to start reading Phantasy Moste Grotesk by Felicity Dowker, which arrived in the mail today. I'm tellin' ya, kids are creepy and she hit all the right buttons on the first two pages.