Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Lost Weekend

I went into this past weekend with the intention of writing as much as possible. Somehow, it didn't work out the way I wanted it. Sure, The Transcendental Man grew by a few hundred words and I jotted down notes on a story idea for the 2012 anthology should it open up to submissions again, but I ended up reading and watching TV more than I had originally envisioned. That, and I put a lot of time into replacing programs and files that were lost in the recent crash. I still have a way to go before my system is back to the way I had it, but every little bit helps.

5 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

2012 is now open for subs. They just haven't updated at Duotrope. I can relate to the lost weekend theme. For some reason I had big plans yesterday, working on the house, and they seemed to change into sitting on the couch or cleaning.

Jeremy D Brooks said...

Is 2012 going to be an end-of-the-world antho?

Anonymous said...

This weekend we got major water under our flooring, fell asleep mysteriously in the middle of the day on Sunday (all four of us) and then ended up watching old nature shows in listless despair.

This was the weekend that I meant to put together all of the hard copies of my queries and ship those babies off! Ha.

Think the universe has it in for emerging writers?

Jeremy D Brooks said...

Mercedes: I think that was one of the Chinese Hells they mentioned in Big Trouble in Little China: "The Hell Where You Try to Break Into Creative Writing", just down the hall from "The Hell Where You Are Hung Upside-Down and Ticked Until You Pee"

K.C. Shaw said...

I didn't do much of anything this weekend either. Or Monday. Or today. And I suspect tomorrow isn't going to be too good either.

I'm keeping my hopes up for Thursday, myself.