Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Lost Ninja Turtle

Tonight we had pizza for dinner. Suffice it to say, I love pizza. I can eat it all the time. While my favorite topping by far is pepperoni, I can handle almost anything with the exception of pineapple and anchovies...and vegetarian pizzas. Seriously, I'll have a salad if I want veggies.

I cannot even begin to count how many pizza's I've eat over the years (probably somewhere between 1500 and 2000). Twenty years ago, my (ex) fiancee noted that the local pizza place should have had a frequent buyer program because I ordered delivery so much. That itself stemmed from my mother's attitude toward cooking. See, mom had me later in life, at age 43, so by the time I was in my late teens, she was pushing 60 and had pretty much grown tired of cooking meals everyday. She figured thirty years of cooking was enough. It helped that my sisters were gone and I was the only one still at home. My dad worked odd hours and usually prepared his own meals, so mom left it up it up to me to fend for myself much of the time. This led to me ordering a pizza for delivery at least once a week.

25-ish years later, and I still eat pizza at least once a week, often times more than once. This week we've had it twice so far. For the wife and I, the main reason we go that route is because at the end of the day, we're both so wiped out from our jobs that neither of us really want to cook, and since I drive for a living and spend all day behind the wheel, the last thing I want to do at dinner time is go out...so we order pizza.

Cowabunga.

2 comments:

Tony Laplume said...

Pizza is good! It's also more or less a weekly tradition for me.

Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
Student removals Liverpool