Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Troubled Times

Has it really been three months since I posted here? Sheesh. I knew I was getting busy with other projects, but in the back of my mind I kept meaning to post something. Before you know it, a quarter of a year has gone by! Wow. So here's a quick status update:

Shadow's B-Movie Graveyard - Again, the movie site has taken a back seat to make time for other things. I've been itching to get back to it and I do have a review in progress, I just don't know when I'll get the time to finish it. Probably not until 2011, with all that's going on around here now.

Writing - Alas, I have not written a word in months and months. That hasn't stopped me from jotting down ideas, I just never get around to working on them. If 2009 was the year I proved to myself that I could write and get published, 2010 was the year of self reflection and delayed aspirations. Numerous things have conspired to keep me busy and away from this blog and my online writing friends, but I won't get into the boring details. I'm hoping to get my schedule sorted out soon and get back to regular writing. Maybe 2011 will be the year of kicking oneself in the ass.

However, despite a lack of writing, I have subbed a few stories that were completed last year. Everything has come up rejected with the exception of The Transcendental Man, the time travel story that I originally wrote for the Time in a Bottle antho. They promptly lost it and after a year (and prodding by K.C. Shaw) they finally found it, too late of course to make the cut. I let them keep it for consideration for the second volume, but methinks they lost it again, cuz after 638 days, I have yet to hear a word from them. No matter, I decided to sub the story to Permuted Press' Times of Trouble antho and after months of waiting, I learned today that I made the cut! This is even more gratifying because I subbed the story under my real name and not my JTC horror pen name. And again I will be sharing a TOC with the fast-rising Aaron Polson. I will dog his every step until we both have multi book contracts.;)

So, I have no idea if anyone even checks in here any more, but I just had to stand up and shout out that small bit of "yay me!" I hope everyone is doing well.

8 comments:

Josh Reynolds said...

Congratulations on the ToT sale! Oh, and welcome back.

Fox Lee said...

Huzzah!

To prove this is really me, and not your imagination, I offer the following: Penis.

That is all.

Aaron Polson said...

Awesome--Permuted Press is a class act, and making the cut for Times of Trouble sweet.

Cate Gardner said...

Congratulations and yes...everyone should stalk Aaron.

K.C. Shaw said...

Time in a Bottle's loss is Times of Trouble's gain. Congrats!

Chadzilla said...

Congrats on the sale!

Danielle Birch said...

Yay for the publication. Well done!

Alan W. Davidson said...

Sure, I check in Jameson (or whatever your name is...) Glad to hear that you're still in the loop. Sorry I didn't comment sooner, I just discovered your post lost in the fraw. Rock on, man.