Thursday, June 10, 2010

Where's The Beef?

I've quite literally been beefing up lately. The Other Half works for a farm management company and as a result, we are often on the receiving end of lots of free produce - fruit, veggies and nuts (I go bonkers on the pistachios when those come in). Every now and then when some livestock are slaughtered, we get some meat. Well, last week it was the cows turn and we ended up with loads of beef: prime rib, T-bones, ribeyes, porterhouse steaks and several pounds of burger meat. By the end of this month, I'll be sick of it all, but for now I'm in beef heaven.

The 10th anniversary issue of Blood Moon Rising has been posted online, featuring my flash piece, The Customer. Long time readers may recall an even shorter, work in progress version from last year. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Writing has been slow this week, with my shoulder problems keeping me from getting much done. Still, I have managed a few words here and there on an untitled short as well as more fleshing out of the novel I hope to do in November.

7 comments:

Fox Lee said...

Ever get free cheese? I would geek out over cheese : )

Kara McElhinny said...

Hell, we get a cow with my husband's family every couple of years. It's the best frackin beef ever! Enjoy!! Be checkin out the short soon, congrats!

Kara McElhinny said...

Sorry to take up your poster space with another one of my comments, but THE CUSTOMER is priceless!!! I am still LMFAO!!! Frackin brilliant!

Thanks for sharing :D Great way to start a morning.

Aaron Polson said...

Nice story--Magic your way out of that, sucker! Ha!

Anonymous said...

The carnivores are coming out of the shadows lately! There's quite a robust conversation going on at the "bacon" thread at ST. I, sir, will take your beef and stuff it with cheese and bacon. Let us all die happy.

-Mercedes

K.C. Shaw said...

Free meat! Sweet! Can I come over to your house this weekend? I'll bring the mesquite charcoal briquettes. :)

Alan W. Davidson said...

Man, if you lived closer I'd be inviting myself over for a steak...

Ha! I read 'The Customer' and didn't see that ending coming!