Sunday, February 15, 2009

Off It Goes...Finally

After three weeks of solid work, Deadliest Cachalot was sent off to Dead Bait tonight. Now I wait and hope...and get to work on something new. I think I may try my hand at a shorter piece before tackling version 2 of The Transcendental Man. Since Cachalot was 8k words long, a flash story sounds rather tempting right now. That will have to wait til tomorrow, which I thankfully have off from work. Whatever happens with Cachalot, at least I feel like I accomplished something by rewriting it from scratch and not letting that computer crash get the best of me. Time right now for snacks and a late night movie. I'm thinking something with Godzilla.

5 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

Congrats on the story. That really is quite a length. I look forward to reading it.

Carrie Harris said...

Yay! I've got fingers crossed for you. BTW, have I mentioned that I love that title?

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with Cachalot!

K.C. Shaw said...

Oh, good luck!! I haven't heard back from them on my story and Duotrope hasn't listed any rejections or acceptances since January, so I think they're sitting on responses until closer to deadline.

Fox Lee said...

Have I mentioned that I love you Dead Bait title? Mine is "Problem at The Lake." I mean sure, it has a dominatrix in it, but I feel like I could have gone snazzier.