Sunday, February 8, 2009

Crabtastic

Finally finished Deadliest Cachalot for the second time. It ended up being quite a bit longer than the first version. Naturally, I have gone over the Dead Bait word limit by a couple hundred words, but I'm sure I can trim those and more so that the story is more concise. That will have to wait for a day or two. After a solid two weeks of having this story on the brain, I'm gonna let it sit before revising. Time to work on something else. Either version two of The Transcendental Man or something new. We'll see tomorrow.

4 comments:

Josh Reynolds said...

Congratulations. It's always a good feeling when a story gets out of your head and on paper.

Aaron Polson said...

It does feel nice to knock out a story. I love the release when I get to the end. Good luck with edits.

K.C. Shaw said...

Congrats! I'm glad you decided to rewrite it after the crash. (Speaking of crash, my first comment got ated by blogger, so if this is a repeat, just trash the other one.)

Cate Gardner said...

Ah, wonderful feeling.